Saturday, June 5, 2010

Once upon a time in low-sec space....


I simply love faction warfare complexes as they bring more targets for us lone pirates :)

After another long patrol into Metropolis low-sec, i happen to see a Frigate / Destroyer level complex beacon on my overview. As i was approaching the acceleration gate, the overview scanner reveals a lone cruiser class Stabber pilot camping the gate.

I began my approach by turning on the afterburner and setting up my orbit distance. I had little to no knowledge about Stabber's, so i went heads up in the fight, only based on what I've read on the Rifter-Drifter blog and various EvE forum posts. I took some time in my approach to quickly observe the cruiser info panel to have a little idea as to which base resistances he had on his ship. 

He didn't react on the first few seconds of my attack which consisted of the usual warp scram / web / nos, but it was too late. My ship was on a close orbit around his cruiser, the Stabber dual 180mm's guns couldn't even track my small Rifter. The only real threat was the huge heavy missiles the enemy captain was firing at my little baby and even then, they were merely scratching my ship. Actually completed the fight at more than 80% of my armor, without any help from my Small Armor Repairer II.

I had to adjust ammunition after the engage when i realized the cruiser was shield tanked, a quick swap to some Republic Fleet EMP S and the damage was going smooth, much better than the Republic Fleet Fusion S i was throwing at him when the fight started. I kept the EMP ammo until the ship blew up as i didn't know it was only buffer tanked, not passive.

Result was quite awesome, better than i thought it would end when the fight started. The Stabber pilot was quite surprised on the kill from local talks and me too, i didn't think i could do it, just took a guess and i was right! :) Still, the enemy captain had twice my age, i probably got lucky on a poor fit, but i can't evaluate at the moment, my fitting skills on ships other than the Rifter's are quite limited. He managed to escape as i was too slow to target the pod, could have been a nice ransom! The loot was quite normal, some various Tech II fittings and faction ammunition, nothing fancy. 

Hope you enjoyed this kill story, more to come soon!

Max Gutman

Killboard link 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags: