Sunday, June 6, 2010

When corp mates jump in...


Yesterday, I was on my usual patrol, covering every low-sec system in Metropolis. I have no idea why, there was a serious shortage of serious targets... Everything was fleeing away or safely into POS shields.

After scanning countless systems for ships to blow up, having no luck, i finally managed to engage a lonely Navitas mining into Evati. The fight wasnt really the most exciting i've been in... Three rounds from my group of 150mm Autocannons II and the mining frigate was in pieces, the pod being locked. A quick look on the character employement history gave the info about why he blew up so fast, it was created two days ago! I didnt even take the time to ask about a ransom, i just podded him quick enough. 

I took the time to invite him to a conversation to know what he was doing around at this age, since i was feeling quite bad to have podded a new player, that might quit the game because of this. After some chatting the pilot told me it was a new alt he created and he didn't even have implants in. I left the convo to jump back and forth between safespots, while the global criminal cooldown was running out.

Proceeding on my patrol, i managed to pinpoint a lonely mining Covetor in Taff. It was a cake to drop, but i didnt manage to lock the escape pod because as the barge exploded, a Broadsword jumped straight on me. He had a point on my ship, so i proceeded to engage at close orbit even tho he was much bigger than my Rifter. At my own surprise, he wasn't even touching my frigate, and my guns damage was starting to show up on his shields. It would have made an excellent killmail, but a jaguar jumped in the fight, in backup to the Broadsword pilot. I noticed he didn't even have a Warp scrambler active on my ship, so i warped out, hiding for the rest of the criminal cooldown.

When the GCC passed, i then proceeded to jump to another system to escape the Covetor pilot corp mates trying to get me and to resume my patrol. I took my time after a jump to answer the phone, thinking they wouldn't follow, but hell yeah, as i warped to the next gate, they had me pointed, no idea how they did it that fast. I tried to evade the fight, but i was dual webbed, i couldnt escape. My little baby went in flames, the cargo was only containing some ammo and a strip miner i looted from their corp mate. 

I managed to bring my pod safely to Hek, where i jumped straight away into another Rifter of the same fit, and resumed normal operations. Targets were very rare, though i followed a sniper fitted faction Stabber for a few jumps, thinking i could maybe have a hit on him, but it didn't happen. So i went back on my way home, to pass the rest of the night in my quarters, planifying some new strategies / routes for my next patrols and to think about the errors i made that led to my ship destruction.

Logging off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tags: